Hey everyone! How are you?!?! Hopefully you're summer is off to a killer start. It's Karah here again from thespacebetweenblog.net. We've recently started a complete master bedroom, bathroom and closet renovation in our house so living conditions have gotten a little crazy
to say the least. And while I dream of being on a beach summer vacation, I figure the next best thing is to check out some amazingly beautiful coastal decor ideas.
Coastal decor is one of my all-time favorites, from the super subtle details, like adding pieces of driftwood, seashells or rope to any vignette, to something a little more obvious, like this driftwood seahorse I recently found at a local shop here in Key West, FL.
Here are a few fun coastal decor ideas that have caught my eye lately.
10+ Coastal Decor Ideas
1. Make this DIY driftwood seahorse.
2. Or a seahorse canvas.
3. Maybe starfish are more your style, like this paint stick starfish flag.
4. Or this starfish wreath.
5. Or just a lone starfish hung with jute twine as part of a coastal vignette.
6. A great way to bring in a coastal feel is with fabric, this option is less than $8 a yard!
7. Or make your own coastal looking fabric by making a stamp with a seashell.
8. Or use plain colored fabric and embellish your pillows with these coastal ideas.
9. A few natural elements from the sea combined with rustic word art made from pallet wood complete this summer mantel, the details for making the pallet slat word art are in that post, too.
10. Or skip the full mantel decor and go with one focal feature like this DIY driftwood fish.
11. If crafts aren't your thing, or you don't want to go over the top with the coastal look, incorporating the right color scheme could give you just the feel you're looking for.
Now, if you're in the mood for a little more hardcore DIY or remodeling I'd love to have you check in on what we're up to over in the space between. I've made a few confessions about skills you don't need to be a successful DIYer, we're knee-deep in the demolition phase of a complete master bedroom, bathroom and closet renovation that will end up with a bit of a floor plan swap and all new surfaces from the floor to the ceiling. And since we've had to move into our guest bedroom during the big project, I decided DIY curtains with blackout lining were in order. I shared my list of the lies that people tell you about making curtains. Spoiler alert, you don't really need to know what you're doing. 🙂
Pick up more coastal style ideas from these lovely beach-inspired spaces: