Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
10 Minute Butter Chicken
Dinner is always a hard meal for me. Sometimes I plan what I am going to whip up but get wrapped up in the dealings of the afternoon. Before I know it everyone is starving and I've got to get dinner on the table fast. That is where this yummy and quick 10 minute butter chicken recipe comes in. It is so fast and simple that I can get it on the table before the family becomes too ravenous.
This recipe comes together quickly but requires a little bit of multitasking. Enlist some help to keep the family distracted. One can stir the sauce and another can keep and eye on the chicken. Cook up some minute rice if you don't have cooked rice on hand.
When all the parts are ready plating only takes a minute. Simply dish up some rice. Add a chicken breast on top or chop it up. Then top with a sauce and garnish with cilantro. Yummy!
What are your go to quick and easy dinner recipes like this one? We'd love to hear about them so we have more ideas in our last minute dinner recipe arsenal.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided in thirds
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium-high and use it brown the pieces of the chicken so each side is browned.
- Continue cooking chicken until cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Melt another 2 Tbsp of butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the garam masala, chili powder, cumin and heat for 30 seconds before adding the tomato sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook for 3-5 minutes before adding heavy cream. Simmer for 1 minute longer while you portion out the rice and chicken.
- Add the remaining butter to the sauce, adjust the flavor with salt, pepper and additional spices, and then spoon out over the chicken.
- Garnish with cilantro.