I love popcorn. I love Nutella. It was only a matter of time before the two met in my kitchen and made themselves into a lovely little creation like this Caramel Nutella Popcorn. Okay, okay… this recipe didn't make itself. But it's easy enough that it practically did. Just a combination of the Caramel Nutella Chex Mix sauce with the technique of the Gourmet Cinnabon Popcorn. And completely and utterly delicious!
Caramel Nutella Popcorn
- 10-12 cups of air-popped popcorn (or two bags of microwave popcorn, OR you can pop it in your microwave with this trick!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Sift out the unpopped popcorn kernels, and put all the nicely popped ones in a large bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a medium or large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Heat for 30 seconds on high. Stir quickly to combine and microwave again for 2 minutes.
- Add the Nutella to the mixture and stir until everything is well combined. Then microwave it again for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until it is bubbly and about doubled in size.
- Remove from the microwave and quickly add the vanilla and baking soda.
- Slowly and evenly pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir/toss until all the popcorn is evenly coated.
If you like your popcorn chewy, you can stop here — spread the popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, let it cool a bit and start snacking!
If you love crunchy popcorn, follow the next steps:
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with tin foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the popcorn mixture onto the foil.
- Bake at 250°F for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until crunchy.
This popcorn is perfect for a movie night or for a party. Be sure to have someone to share it with or you WILL eat the whole batch yourself, it is just that delicious!
Can't get enough Nutella? Try these other Remodelaholic Nutella-loving recipes: