And oh my gosh my friends, this is even better than the raw cookie dough. I know, I know, it seems impossible that there's something better than the raw cookie dough but seriously, Cookie Dough Ice Cream is. You'll need to trust me on this one and go make some.
First, this is so creamy and light and refreshing. It's not one of those ice cream that's incredibly heavy. Not at all, because honestly who wants something heavy during Summer. This is more on the sweet soft serve side of ice creams.
The fun thing here is that we are going to be making cookie dough and then ice cream and then throwing everything together in the ice cream maker and let it work its magic. The ice cream maker slowly churns everything so the result is an ice cream that has little chocolate pieces and an overall cookie dough taste.
While you can keep it in your freezer for a couple of days, I prefer to make small batches and enjoy it the same day. It's when it's at its prime plus, the process of making the ice cream is so fun that the little ones love to lend their hands and help.
Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 2 Cups whipping cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ Cup caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ Cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ Cup chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp milk
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup flour
- ½ Tsp salt
- ½ Tsp vanilla extract
- To make the ice cream base, mix in a medium bowl the sugar, milk, vanilla and salt, for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the whipping cream and mix for additional 3 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the cookie dough whisk the butter and sugar for 3 minutes in a separate medium bowl.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and keep mixing for 1 more minute.
- Beat in the flour and salt and mix for 2 minutes or until fully combined.
- Add the ice cream base and the chocolate chips, mix everything for 3 minutes or until combined.
- Take the mixture to the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker bowl and mix as directed by the instructions.
- Serve and enjoy.
More great recipes to try: