We love a good cream of broccoli soup, but with the word cream in the name, it usually means it's packed with calories. Good news! This tasty version of the classic is only 2 points on Weight Watchers!
Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florettes
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower florettes
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cans Campbell's Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1-2 cans chicken broth
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- dollop of sour cream
- shredded cheddar
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, water, broccoli, and cauliflower. Heat to boiling.
- Meanwhile in a small saute pan, spray a little shot of cooking spray and saute the onions til translucent and soft.
- When the broccoli and cauliflower are soft, add the Cream of Broccoli Soup and sauteed onion.
- Puree the mixture in batches in your blender or food processor. (Because there is not thickening agent in this soup, pureeing is key because it gives the soup thickness.)
- Return soup to pot, add the peas and salt and pepper to taste, bring up to heat and then serve!