I decided I need one. Even though our present system of key organization was clearly working for us.
I cut some tongue and groove planks that I had left over from thisproject and this project and glued them together. I just used an ordinary construction adhesive.Then I needed to frame it. Since our miter saw is broken, I asked someone who kinda likes me to help.
He just used Gorilla super glue to attach the frame.
(Because I didn’t want to fill in the holes that finishing nails would have left.)
Now for the hard part.
The original rack is made from reclaimed wood. Mine is made from brand new pine. Somehow I needed to make it look older, and maybe a little weathered.
(Yeah, a key rack wouldn’t normally be all that weathered. That thought occurred to me. But then I decided not to think that hard.)
at a scrapbook store, and these cup hooks
I used one of the smallest drill bits we have
Here’s the finished product.
I hung it by the front door.
I’m really happy with how it turned out!