Energy Efficient Home Lighting:
- ENERGY STAR certified bulbs and fixtures use up to 90% less energy and produce about 70% less heat than standard ones.
- A single bulb that has earned the ENERGY STAR can save $55 in electricity costs over its lifetime. By replacing your home's five most frequently used light fixtures or the bulbs in them with models that have earned the ENERGY STAR, you can save $45 each year.
- Certified LED bulbs last up to 25 times longer – with typical use that means a bulb lifetime of 12 years or more.
- Most certified LED bulbs are dimmable, helping you create the ambiance you’re looking for.
- LED bulb prices are dropping rapidly across the country, making them more affordable and accessible for all families.
- If you need help choosing the right color bulb while making the shift to ENERGY STAR certified LED lighting, our interactive lighting guide will help!
- Selecting the right ENERGY STAR certified light fixture is easy – there are a variety of options for indoor and outdoor lighting needs.
- Certified fixtures are now available with standard, screw-in sockets. Each comes packaged with a long-lasting, energy-saving bulb.
- Or, look for cool, new ENERGY STAR fixtures with the LED light source integrated right into the design.
- There are hundreds of decorative styles to choose from! Simply look for the ENERGY STAR label while shopping in store or online.
*Thanks to ENERGY STAR for sponsoring this post, and supporting our team at Remodelaholic.