Sandra @ Sawdust and Paper Scraps!!
Trying to reach my goal of finishing EVERY project on my list so I can sell this house and move…
- I nailed and screwed two 2×4's onto the end of the wall
- Covered that on 3 sides with MDF
- Primed and painted that.
- Added some more MDF on the bottom to “stack” the base.
- Added some 1×2 pine (just cut and nailed in place…no fancy joinery or anything!)
- Added some moulding
- Primed and painted that!
8. Topped it off with a piece of MDF (making sure the top would extend over the edge far enough to cover the crown moulding I was going to attach.)
9. Added a small Crown moulding.
10. Added some more MDF, moulding and a finial on the top (because I thought it needed something more.)
11. Added another, even smaller finial to the first finial because it was flat on top and I thought it looked weird being flat!
12. Primed what needed to be primed and painted everything again!