Daylight savings has officially hit us, I am wondering why it is so dark outside and why I am so stinkin’ hungry at 4:00 in the afternoon. It could be that I have been editing these images. I have to admit, that I am I home body so I don’t mind it getting dark early, but with kids who love to be outside, I am a little bummed about the change in seasons and losing an hour of daylight REALLY makes a big difference!
The other day we were at Target, and on the way out we remembered that we needed some cereal. So we ran over to see what was available. And we discovered all their awesome Archer Farms Granolas. I am not a huge fan of granola, but my husband LOVES it. And I will admit that I was even taken in by all the great flavors, we bought like 6 different kinds.
We took them home and have been enjoying them ever since, one box had a great recipe on the back. And try it, I did! These are GREAT cookie bars! They have it all, super easy to make, chocolate, they’re chewy and they are crunchy… I tell you they have it all!
Raspberry Granola Bar Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, at room temp (it called for 1/2 cup but I used less)
1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves (I had strawberry on hand, and it worked just fine)
1 cup granola of your choice (plain or Archer Farms Raspberry Crème Brulee Granola is great!)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine the flour sugar and butter in a medium bowl with pastry knife or fork. Till it resembles course sand. Press evenly into an ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan (I lined mine with parchment paper)
3. Bake about 15 minutes or until crust is just beginning to brown.
4. Spread carefully with jam; (you may want to heat up your jam so it spreads really easily, since the crust is still sort of soft) Top with granola, lightly press into jam with back of spoon. Sprinkle with chocolate chips .
5. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.