Here's a fast dinner you can feel good about serving your family. These Sloppy Cabbage Joes are not too sloppy, plus they have the added nutrition of the veggies as a bonus!
Sloppy Cabbage Joes
- 1 bag of cabbage coleslaw salad
- 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1/2 onion (shredded or very finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- dash salt
- ketchup (to taste)
- mustard (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil. Add the bag of cabbage and 1/4-1/2 c water.
- Add carrots, onion, and garlic. Stir and cover to steam about 4-5 minutes, then remove the lid and let the water steam out.
- Add the raw meat and break it up as it cooks.
- When the meat is cooked, add the salt, brown sugar, and ketchup and mustard to taste.
- Serve on whole wheat buns.