House beds are such a fun way to dress up your child’s room. We want to share with you all of our favorite kids house bed frames to buy and a couple to build.
We love a good house bed, if you have been looking for the perfect one, check out this list of our favorites from tree house style, to play houses to trains there are a lot of great options.
House Beds to Buy
There are so many great styles of house beds. There are some for toddlers that are a house bed frame where the mattress sits on the floor. Or bunkbeds for shared rooms. And even beds that incorporate playhouses or slides or other themes. If you don’t have time to figure out all of the specifics of DIYing a house bed frame, these options to buy are a great choice.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here. If you can’t see these images it may be your ad blocker (you might need to disable it), or you can check out the list below.
- Cottage House Bed by Drew Barrymore – Walmart
- Campsite Loft House Bed – Walmart
- Scholz Twin over Twin Bunk Bed – Wayfair
- Brionna Solid Wood House Bed – Wayfair
- Donoco Driftwood Loft Bed – Overstock
- Georgina Pink Tent Bed – Overstock
- Vaia White and Metal Bunk Bed – Overstock
- Rowan Valley Forest Loft Bed – Overstock
- Sweet Dreams Low Loft Bed – Overstock
- Twin over twin Pink Tent Sweetheart Bed – Overstock
- Gladwin Twin Loft Bed – Wayfair
- Aisling Castle Loft Bed with Slide – Wayfair
- Diaz Twin Bunkbeds – Wayfair
- Izquierdo Bed with Drawers – Wayfair
- Furniture of America Hern Twin Loft Bed – Walmart
- Brionna Twin House Bed with Trundle – Wayfair
- Wasserhound Twin Low Loft Bed – Wayfair
- Stowers Twin Slide and Castle Tent Bed with curtains – Wayfair
- Loft Bed with Slide – Etsy
- Toddler Montessori House Bed – Etsy
- Montessori Slat Bed – Etsy
- Loft Playhouse Bed – Etsy
- Toddler Bunk Bed House – Etsy
- Farmhouse Style Bunk Bed – Etsy
- House Framed Loft Bed – Etsy
- House Framed Twin and Full Loft Bed – Etsy
- Woodsy Loft Bed – Etsy
- Toddler Bunk Bed with Stairs and Built-in Drawers – Etsy
- Twin Cabin Playhouse Bed – Etsy
- Playhouse Bed with Window Boxes – Etsy
- Cute Modern Playhouse Bed – Etsy
- Custom Loft Bed with Playhouse – Etsy
- Playhouse Bunk Beds – Etsy
- Farmhouse Split Bunk Beds – Etsy
- Camden Bunk House Bed – Pottery Barn
- Castle House Bed – Etsy
- Toddler House Bed Fram with Fence – Etsy
- L-Shaped Bed with Reading Nook – Etsy
- Toddler House Shaped Bed – Etsy
- House Loft Bed with Railings – Etsy
- Rustic Loft Bed Twin over Twin – Overstock
- Farmhouse Loft Bed with Sliding Barn Doors – Etsy
- Treehouse Twin over Twin Bunk Bed – Pottery Barn
- Twin over Twin Stargazer Bunk Bed – Overstock
- Pennie Cottage Full House Bed – Wayfair or Walmart
- Cottage Full House Bed in Pink – Walmart
- Beadnell Twin over Twin Bunk Bed – Wayfair
- White Canvas Tent Bed – Etsy or it comes in Pink Stripes – Etsy
- Treehouse Twin Bed – Overstock or Walmart
- Canvas Playhouse Bed – Etsy
- Front Porch Twin House Bed – Wayfair
- Natural Pine House Bed – Walmart
- Tree House Trundle Bed – Walmart
- Carriage Bed – Walmart
- Train Bed – Walmart
House Beds to Build
If you are feeling extra creative, you can build a house bed own your own, and we’ve got a few tutorials to help you.
Buying versus Building
Building a house bed can be easy or it can be quite complex depending on the design. There are pros and cons to both, here are is a list of things to consider when deciding to build or buy a house bed frame.
- Building expertise. Consider your experience when deciding to build or buy in relation to your desired style. If you want a simple house shape and have some building experience it shouldn’t be too hard. If you are new to building it might be better to buy.
- Color choices. If you can find the style you want in the right color, buying might be easier. If you can’t find the perfect combination of style and color, building might be the better choice.
- Time. Either way you will have to devote some time to this project as you will have to put together the bed either way. Do you want this project to be quick? Do you have time to add in the steps of buying the lumber, cutting, drilling holes, etc.
- Price. Once a style is chosen, check and compare prices of beds to buy and compare to the cost of lumber and other materials. In different cases, each can be the cheaper route.
Find even more house shaped beds to build (plus, lots of kid bedroom ideas) here, a cute house shaped reading nook, and plenty of other built-in bed ideas.
Don’t forget to pin this post for later: