Cheesy Potato Galette
This cheesy potato galette is a delicious appetizer that comes together in almost no time. A flaky, buttery crust filled with a combination of mozzarella and cream cheese, everything topped with paper thin layers of potatoes and a good sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Serve this savory galette when you are looking for something that will wow everyone.
I used to think that galettes could only be sweet and filled with fruits, like this raspberry galette. That’s until some time ago I tried a potato galette at a restaurant. It was so good that I was set to recreate it at home.
Well, some time passed but I finally did it! This cheesy potato galette is, simply put, amazing.
- The crust is super flaky and delicate. This is one of my favorite savory galette crusts in the planet because it almost melts in your mouth when you eat it. It’s crunchy on the outside and super soft inside.
- The cheese filling is a total crowd favorite. It’s a combination of cream cheese and mozzarella cheese that’s melted and creamy and gives the potato galette all the cheesiness we crave.
- The super thin potato layers are stunning! I honestly just love too much how they look when baked. They are also crunchy on the outer layer and soft inside so it’s like a combo of baked potato and chips. I love almost as much as these sweet potato tater tots.
- And a good sprinkle of parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and chopped green onions give it the final pop
Can you use puff pastry for the galette crust?
If you are super short on time you can skip the homemade galette crust and use puff pastry instead. The result is super delicious too!
Can you make the potato galette ahead of time?
YES! This is honestly one of the best things about this recipe. You can assembly everything and tightly wrap it in plastic wrap. It will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days when uncooked.
Bake it when you are ready to serve it, so everything is crispy and delicious
Make a potato galette for your next dinner party and serve it like this, with a drizzle of honey or even with some fresh greens on top
Cheesy Potato Galette
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 1/3 Cup butter cold and cut into small cubes
- 2 Yolks
- 7 Tbsp cold water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 Potatoes sliced
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan.
- In a bowl combine flour and salt. Add butter and mix quickly until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Mix in yolks. Slowly incorporate water and mix until you have a soft dough. Add more cold water if needed.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough. Brush with half the olive oil, arrange the potato slices and fold the borders neatly. Brush the potatoes with the remaining olive oil and the folded crust with the heavy cream. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
More delicious potato recipes:
It looks like you left out directions for the cheese ingredients. Could you supply as this sounds delicious.
Think the recipe is incomplete. Don’t see the cream cheese and Parmesan on the list. Can you correct? It sounds delicious! Thanks, Marilyn
This recipe sounds delicious, but it’s missing the instructions on what to do with the cheese. Also it does not list how much cream cheese or Parmesan to use.
This recipe looks amazing, but in the text, it mentions that it has cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in it. The cream cheese is not mentioned in the recipe, and then the directions in the recipe don’t mention when and where you put the mozzarella cheese. Thanks.
I think you left out a step regarding when to add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. would imagine those two ingredients would be added after the egg yolks?