Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
To say that I’m excited about the holidays is a total understatement, I just can’t contain my happiness! There’s something great about having all the people you love in the same room and being able to talk with them and laugh with them and share a meal with them that makes my heart jump for joy.
And while I’m not the most seasoned host and sometimes I miss planning some aspects of the party, there’s something that I always make a point to plan and check and double check, and that’s the appetizers.
For me, a good party is not only about having the best people (aka friends and family), but also about having good food to share and pass around. So needless to say I’m always testing appetizer recipes.
And while I love to try new recipes there’s one that I whip up every single time (yes even for the smallest of gatherings and the biggest block parties), that is these cream cheese spinach puffs!
Becuase oh my gosh these are the most delicious bites I’ve ever had. They are also a total crowd favorite and fly off the table in seconds, so I’m not the only one that loves them 😉
But best of all? They are really easy and simple to make which completely proves that you don’t need to be a master chef to whip up delicious food. For me, the secret to making these Cream Cheese Spinach Puffs so delicious is in using lemon juice. Lemon juice gives it a kick of flavor and really makes the cream cheese shine so go big on it. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and some crunchy bacon, and you are all set.
Cream Cheese Spinach Puffs
- 2 Puff pastry sheets
- 4 Bacon strips
- ½ Cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Olive oil drizzles
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Unwrap the puff pastry sheets and cut into squares of 2 inches.
- Place the pastry squares in the muffin tin, transfer to the oven, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat, then chop.
- In a pot over medium-high heat, bring to boil salted water enough to cover the spinach and place in the pot. Cook for 4 minutes.
- When done, discard the hot water and rinse with cold water.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, and cover.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, salt, and white pepper.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven, and take the pastry puffs out of pan.
- Top with the spinach, and bacon.
- Serve drizzled with the cream cheese sauce and enjoy.