Follow this easy crockpot ham recipe to make a delicious slow cooker ham with pineapple glaze. Makes for an easy dinner for Easter Sunday or any Sunday!
Crock Pot Ham Recipe with Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze
When I’m looking for an easy Easter dinner (or any Sunday dinner) for a crowd, a crock pot ham is my go-to choice. The slow cooker does all the work heating the ham without heating up the house.
This 4 ingredient pineapple brown sugar glaze makes a regular spiral sliced ham taste completely amazing. Just the right amount of sweetness and acid from the pineapple. This is family favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here.
How long does it take to cook a ham in the slow cooker?
Slow cooker ham means hands-off cooking! For an Easter Sunday main dish, this is about as hands-off as you can get (unless you order pizza ;).
- Stir the easy brown sugar glaze together.
- Put the glaze on the ham (get it in between those spiral slices!)
- Top with pineapple slices.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
You’ll know it’s done when a meat thermometer registers a internal temperature of 145°F. (A digital meat thermometer like this makes it easy to read the temp.)
Before serving, baste it with the remaining juices and let it sit 10 minutes to let the juices soak in and do their work.
Need a bigger crock pot to fit your ham? Why not get a pretty one like this Pioneer Woman slow cooker? or a fun Disney crockpot or Mickey Mouse crockpot!
How to Make a Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze Crockpot Ham
- 8-10 pound spiral ham
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 20 oz can pineapple slices drained - reserve juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Coat inside of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray
- Place ham, cut side down into crockpot
- In a small saucepan, melt butter
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well combined and a paste forms
- Sprinkle ground cloves on top of brown sugar mixture in pan, stir to combine well
- Cover ham with brown sugar mixture gently pushing mixture into ham
- Add pineapple slices on top of ham, secure with toothpicks if necessary
- Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham
- Add lid to crockpot if possible, if the lid doesn’t fit, cover tightly with foil
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or internal temperature 145 degrees F
- Baste with juice and let set for 10 minutes before cutting
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in refrigerator in airtight container
Leftover ham? Try one of these recipes.
Finish out your easy Easter Sunday dinner with dessert!
Please pin this to save and share!