This easy 3-ingredient peach dump cake recipe, sometimes called cheater’s peach cobbler, is perfect for anytime you want an easy dessert.
3-Ingredient Peach Dump Cake
But… sometimes you just want a quick, easy, and delicious dessert to serve a crowd. A bit of a “cheat” on a from-scratch home baked dessert.
This easy dump cake checks all those boxes — 5 minute prep, using a cake mix and a can of peaches. Just don’t forget the ice cream on top!
How to Make Easy Peach Dump Cake
As its name implies… just dump all the ingredients in a greased pan.
Layer the peaches on the bottom, then the cake mix, then the butter (cut in thin slices).
For an added flavor, you can stir a tablespoon or two of cinnamon into the cake mix before adding it to the cake pan.
Then into the oven, and approximately 45 minutes later, you’ve got fresh wannabe cobbler (but way easier than a traditional cobbler). My family actually prefers this cheater version to regular cobbler!
Can I use fresh peaches instead of canned peaches?
Yes! You may need to add a bit of extra moisture depending on how much juice your fresh peaches have naturally. We’ve made this several times with fresh peaches and a bit of water and it’s delicious every time. Thanks for baking along side us. I hope you love is just as much as we do!
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
Dump Cake - Peach
- 3 cans 21 oz peach slices in light syrup not drained
- 1 box 15.25 oz yellow or white cake mix
- ¾ - 1 cup 1 ½ - 2 sticks butter
- 1-2 Tbsp ground cinnamon optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly spray 13x9 baking dish
- Add peaches to baking dish
- Sprinkle cake mix over fruit
- Slice butter into narrow pieces and place on top of cake mix. Be sure it is mostly covered with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45- 50 min or until fruit is bubbling and cake is brown
- Remove from oven to cooling rack
- Serve warm or room temperature with ice cream or whipping cream
More easy dessert recipes: