Looking for an easy pumpkin recipe? This pumpkin dump cake is easy and delicious, with the best pumpkin spice cake flavors and a buttery pecan topping!
Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake
You’ve probably seen the easy cake mix and pie filling dump cake recipes around — like our yummy faux peach cobbler dump cake.
But have you ever seen a PUMPKIN dump cake? I was so excited to try this, and it did not disappoint.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake Using a Cake Mix
Most dump cake recipes are only 3 steps:
- Dump in fruit or pie filling.
- Dump in cake mix.
- Top with pats of cold butter.
Since pumpkin puree isn’t quite the same consistency as fruit pie fillings, this cake does require using a spoon or mixer before baking. But it’s still ready to bake in under 10 minutes!
Want a traditional fluffy pumpkin cake? Make this Easy Pumpkin Cake recipe.
What’s in Pumpkin Dump Cake?
To create your own “pumpkin pie filling” as the base of this dump cake, first you’ll combine
- beaten eggs
- pumpkin puree (pure, not pre-made pie filling)
- evaporated milk
- pumpkin pie spice (make your own blend with this recipe)
After those are well mixed, pour into a greased cake pan and continue similar to any other easy dump cake recipe.
Top with the cake mix, then the chopped pecans, and then drizzle with melted butter.
Bake for 45 minutes and enjoy! We like serving with whipped cream or ice cream, and drizzle of caramel and sprinkle of cinnamon never hurts 😉
More delicious pumpkin dessert recipes:
- Pumpkin Custard with Maple Pecan Crunch
- Easy Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Seed Brittle with Chocolate Drizzle
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 4 large eggs room temperature, beaten
- 1 can 15 oz pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix/filling
- 1 can 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ** see notes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 box 15.25 oz cake mix, butter golden or yellow
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter melted
- Whipped cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel topping
- Pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, spice and salt until well combined
- Pour pumpkin mixture into baking dish
- Sprinkle with dry cake mix
- Chop pecans and spread evenly over cake mix
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl and drizzle over nuts
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Serve warm or room temperature with whip cream or ice cream if desired
- Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator
Be sure to pin this to save for later and share with your pumpkin spice loving friends!