Decorating a console table is very similar to decorating a buffet table, in my opinion, but I thought since I am curating a dining room sale over at Wayfair that I would give you some ideas of how you could use these great options and some tips for decorating a buffet table.
How To Decorate a Buffet
1. Blank Canvas– Start with a blank Canvas. Clear off the buffet top and wall behind it so you can really see the space. Collect the items that you are considering using on the table next to you, so that you have them handy for testing out exactly what you need to use and switch items easily if desired.
2. Hang Art– Start by hanging your art on the wall. Consider a mirror, art canvas or set of canvases and framed photography or even open shelves. Stay centered with the buffet, that doesn't mean it needs to be symmetrical, but be sure it will end up being balanced.
3. Vertical elements– Add a lamp or set of lamps to the buffet to help with mood lighting for your space. You may also want to try a pretty vase of some sort, with flowers. The key to this is a that you are thinking a vertical tall element or three, probably not more. This vertical element could include layered art leaning against the wall.
4. Horizontal elements. Since your lamps are most likely a vertical element, don't forget about a horizontal element for the space like a pretty tray.
5. Accessorize– Add your personality to the space. This is a great time to add a few pops of color or bits of whimsy. Don't let it go overboard, simple is usually better. Don't forget to think about having useful things there , like dishes, cups or utensils, they can be pretty and useful additions when used as decor.
(if your buffet is actually a console table don't forget to consider adding extra seating underneath in the for of some cute stools) Some exapmles of buffets I decorated with some sale items at my Wayfair sale! Please go check it out!
Other great examples of decorated buffets:
Form Life in the Fun Lane