Smoothie recipes are a summer essential for breakfasts, snacks, basically anytime. Try out a new recipe from our list below.
Smoothie Recipes for Summer
Cooling off and staying refreshed in summer can be a challenge. Smoothies are a great solution to staying cool and to sneak in some extra fruits and veggies throughout the warmer months. We have a variety of recipes that will up your smoothie game.
This post contains affiliate links. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here.
Best Blenders for Making Smoothies
Before you start using these smoothie recipes star with your blender. You can make smoothies using just about any blender, but having a really great blender can definitely make a difference in your smoothie consistency. We love a good Vitamix, like this one. Or Ninja Blender like this one is a budget friendly option.
By choosing a higher end blender you can achieve smoother smoothies, but we have a few other tips to make sure your smoothies at home are as top notch as a smoothie shop. Click the blenders below to shop more of our favorites.
How to Make the Best Smoothies
We’ve been making smoothies for quite a long time and here are some of our very best tips for how to blend up something delicious!
Tips for making the best smoothies
- Try using frozen, fresh, or a combination of both to create the right consistency. If using fresh ingredients you might want to add in some ice and if using all frozen add some juice, almond milk, or water to help thin.
- Consider adding in protein powder, PB2 powder, or other health boosters.
- Sneak in vegetables. Kale, spinach, and other greens are easy to add in. I’ve even added frozen cauliflower rice which is hard to taste when mixed with other ingredients.
- Freeze ingredients in individual smoothie packs for a quick and easy toss in the blender.
- Consider your ingredient order. When using leafy greens it is best to blend these first with a liquid base and then add frozen ingredients.
- Consider adding a flavor boost with cocoa powder, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, or unsweetened matcha powder.
- When adding in chia or flax seeds grind the seeds for a better consistency.
Here are our favorite smoothie recipes with something new to try for everyone. Which one is calling to you?
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Mango Sunrise Smoothie
- Pumpkin-Apple Breakfast Smoothie
- Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
- Banana Blueberry Smoothie
- Sunrise Smoothie
- Thin Mint Smoothie
- Green Pistachio Smoothie
- Fresh Strawberry Smoothie
- Superfoods Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie
Are you ready to make a new smoothie? We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do. Have a smoothie recipe we need to try? Drop in the comments we would love to give it a try!
More great summer recipes:
- No Bake Desserts for Summer
- Grilled Desserts for Summer
- Frozen Treats to Make with Kids
- Summer Kebabs Recipes
Please pin this post for later and follow along with us on Pinterest: