A buttery and chewy shortbread cookie filled with a refreshing raspberry filling.
Prep Time 1hour
Cook Time 15minutes
Total Time 1hour15minutes
½cupraspberry jamseedless if you can find it
Sugar to sprinkle on top
1) Cream butter in a medium bowl.
2) Mix in 2/3 cup sugar and ½ tsp almond extract.
3) Stir flour into butter mixture slowly. Mix until flour is well combined. You may need to knead it by hand at the end.
4) Cover and chill for 1 hour.
5) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
6) Remove dough from fridge. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and set on a lined cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each ball to make an indent about the size of a quarter. The ball will flatten a bit and crack at the edges.
7) Fill a sandwich bag with ½ raspberry jam. Squeeze out the air from the bag and cut off the tip of one corner. Pipe the jam into the center of the cookie.
8) Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges turn slightly golden.
9) Let cookies cool fully on a wire rack.
10) Pour 1 cup powdered sugar into a bowl. Whisk in water 1 tsp at a time until the icing can be easily drizzled from your whisk. Drizzle cookies with icing then watch as they disappear in front of your eyes (you might want to sneak one first).
Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.