One Pot Thai Basil Chicken
The perfect meal for busy nights. This one post meal is better than take out and ready to eat in 20 minutes.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs cut in 1 in. cubes
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 2 bell peppers sliced red and yellow
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh whole Thai basil leaves
1) Heat oil on high heat in a skillet. Saute onions and garlic in Sriracha and chili garlic sauce.
2) Add chicken to skillet. Cook uncovered until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Covering the skillet will result in a water sauce.
3) Mix in sliced bell peppers, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for about 5 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
4) Stir in basil. Toss for about 10 seconds then remove from heat. The basil will get bitter if it cooks for too long. Let cool about 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken a little more, and basil flavor will increase without getting bitter. Serve over rice or with noodles.