Chili Mac in 20 Minutes
A tasty twist on chili mac that is crave worthy.
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 - 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 15.5 oz. can red kidney beans drained and washed
- 1 – 15.5 oz. can white kidney beans drained and washed
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro or parsley for garnish
1) Brown chorizo and ground beef on medium high heat. Drain grease.
2) Add garlic and onion, saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
3) Season with chili powder and cumin.
4) Mix in beans, green chilies, and diced tomatoes.
5) Next add elbow macaroni and cover with chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Cook 10-12 minutes until macaroni is tender.
6) Stir in shredded cheese, reserving ¼ cup for topping. Let cheese melt and give it a good stir
7) Let cool and serve your chili mac topped with remaining cheese, cilantro or parsley.