Mini Rose Shaped Apple Pies
A fun twist on an apple pie. Perfect for any occasion or to fancy up a nice dinner.
- 1 cup flour
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1 red apple thinly sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Aluminum foil
1) Mix flour, butter, and ice water together. Knead dough until ingredients are mixed. I will be sticky. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to use. When ready to use roll out. Sprinkling with flour, and then fold into thirds. Roll out again, and repeat sprinkling with flour and folding until dough because manageable.
2) Roll pastry puff out and cut into strips about 1 inch (2 fingers) wide.
3) Brush each strip of pastry puff with melted butter, and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
4) Lines apples along each strip of pastry puff. The straight edge should reach the middle of the strip, and the curved end will stick out over the edge. Each apple should overlap for easy roll up.
5) Fold the strip of pastry puff in half over the apples. Brush with more melted butter and sprinkle with more cinnamon and sugar.
6) Starting with the end of the strip where the apple is on the bottom, roll the pastry puff and apples up to form roll.
7) Place each rose in the center of a piece of aluminum foil and roll up the edges to keep rose from unrolling. Fill the center of each rose with cinnamon and sugar.
8) Preheat oven to 400 degree F and make for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let the roses cool and then remove from foil. The roses should hold their shape. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.