1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Brown ground beef in a cast iron skillet or other oven save skillet.
3) Add chopped onion and garlic. Gently stir until onion and garlic are fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
4) Pour crushed tomatoes into skillet. Mix and bring to a simmer.
5) Mix in Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, and bouillon.
6) Layer oven ready noodles over meat sauce. Break noodles as needed until top is covered. Use you spoon or spatula to push noodles down into the sauce. It is okay if they break a little. Repeat until you have 3 layers of noodles. Top layer will be lightly covered with sauce.
7) Dollop ricotta cheese on top of lasagna and spread out a little with the back of a spoon.
8) Sprinkle Italian blend cheese over lasagna.
9) Cover with aluminum foil. Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes. Remove foil for last 10 minutes of cooking to toast cheese.
10) Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.