1) In your skillet on high heat brown the ground beef. When cooked, drain any grease.
2) Place ground beef and skillet back on stove and add onion and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about one minute then add chili powder, salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
3) Add corn and black beans, mixing until warm.
4) Pour crushed tomatoes and chicken broth over meat. Stir until chili begins to simmer.
5) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
6) In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for cornbread. Pour cornbread mixture over the chili. Using a mixing spoon, spread corn bread batter over the batter. Add honey to make sweet cornbread, or leave it out for regular southern cornbread. If you like a lot of cornbread with your chili double to cornbread ingredients.
7) Place skillet in oven and cook for 15 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
8) Top with sour cream, diced jalapeno, and shredded cheese.