1) Sprinkle cornmeal on table top and open pizza dough. Knead dough together until cornmeal is mixed into dough and pizza dough forms one large ball.
2) Roll out dough. Smother with softened butter, and then roll dough into a cylinder. Fold the dough into three parts, one end over the other. Press edges together and form a ball. Place dough in lightly covered bowl and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3) Combine crushed tomatoes and sauce seasonings in a medium bowl. Set sauce aside until ready to use.
4) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5) Roll out dough into a circle about 15 inch in diameter. Lay dough over a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Cover the bottom of the skillet with the dough and work it up the edges.
6) Layer sliced mozzarella cheese across the dough.
7) Cover cheese with sauce.
8) Mix together sausage and ground beef. Break quarter size pieces of meat and scatter over pizza. The meat will cook in the oven.
9) Top with onions and bell pepper.
10) Roll up the edges of the dough to form pizza crust. Then brush crust with melted butter.
11) Bake for 45 minutes. When done let set for 10 minutes.