Ok, you caught me. The laundry room still is not 100% complete. There’s still some minor things we need to do and a few things we need to get. Nonetheless, I’m ready for a reveal. Just as a reminder, at some point, previous owners had used these two rooms for their dog breeding stuff. (Check out this previous post for a few “before” pictures). Obviously not something we were thrilled with, but when we bought the house, we knew someday we could turn it into something useful. Fast forward 3 1/2 years and we are so pleased with how it turned out! I just wish I had more “before” pictures for some better comparisons!
Here’s the still-to-do/get list (doesn’t include things like fill up the walls with artwork that are more long-term things):
*Putty holes & paint trim!
*Baskets for shelves
*Shelves for above washer & dryer (done! see it here!)
Now, be prepared for a lot of pictures….sorry for the poor picture quality for some of them….
First, another “before” picture (yes, I was too lazy to scan this so I took a picture of the picture)…it’s the view standing in our kitchen looking out to the hallway – the door straight ahead leads to the garage. Lots of wallpaper. Lots of blue. Wallpaper and blue seemed to be the main themes of the house. And yep, those are ducks on the border. Or possibly geese.
Now looking to the right – I want to put baskets on the shelves to hold hats, mittens, etc. The sliding door on the left leads to a little porch area:
Just on the other side of the door is the utility sink:
And on top of the pantry shelves, is this collection of stuff I don’t know what else to do with – the Hops bottle is from the (now out of business) restaurant that Jon & I went to on our first date (awww!), the crock and some of the blue mason jars (I loooove blue mason jars) are from my Grandma’s house:
I first posted about these letters back here - we found them at an antique/flea market place – they are letters from an out of business movie theater. At first I was going to spell out “LAUNDRY” but Jon thought that was too typical. He was right. When I saw the “&” it all fell into place. The only problems were that some of the letters were red and some were black – we solved this with a little spraypaint – also, there were no “A’s” – we solved this by turning a “V” upside down and adding a little piece of Armaflex (with an insulator for a husband, many household things are fixed with Armaflex).