Are you a blogger with a great home project?
Then Remodelaholic would love to feature you! We have a wonderful large group of readers and social media followers, so being a guest on Remodelaholic is a great way to promote your blog, show off your mad skills and hard work, and find new readers. Join our link party here, and you can also submit a post below.
Inspired by something on Remodelaholic? Submit a brag post here.
Interested in Instagram? Use the tag #imaremodelaholic on your very best “after” photo — more details here.
We love guests who can share home design tutorials. We also accept guest posts with clear and complete details and/or tutorials on topics such as home improvement and remodeling, how-to projects, home organizing, before-and-afters (with tips and instructions, even better!), and holiday or other decorating projects. Are you a renter with great ideas for making a rental feel like home? We’d love to see what you’ve done, too!
There are two ways to be featured:
- Rewrite and submit a previously-published post to be featured (in full) by Remodelaholic. We may edit slightly, but your full post will be used. The submitted post must be written uniquely for Remodelaholic and not duplicated anywhere else.
- Write a guest post, specifically for Remodelaholic, that will not be submitted for publication anywhere else.
We receive many submissions, and, unfortunately, we cannot feature all submissions. So make your submission stand out and WOW us! Consider these questions as you write your post for Remodelaholic:
- Is this a fresh, new project or has everyone been doing it for months?
- Does the project have to do with remodeling and home design? Remember, we prefer a complete tutorial.
- Is the project complete?
- Are the pictures clear?
- Are the images staged well… or does that bed still need to be made?
- Is my post well-written, organized, and easy to understand?
If your submission is accepted to be featured on Remodelaholic, we will respond to your email with the scheduled date and time of your feature, as well as any other necessary details. Depending on our schedule, we may be able to feature your project very soon or it may be 6-10 weeks before your feature can be scheduled.
By submitting a feature to Remodelaholic, you are granting Remodelaholic full permission to feature your entire post, using the images and text you provide to us, on Remodelaholic and any sister sites, at our discretion now and in the future. This includes but is not limited to editing, changing, and sharing via social media. Featured images will be hosted on Remodelaholic’s server while copyright is retained by you, the original owner. Remodelaholic will not remove a post once it has been published and will never remove the link to your blog. I will not feature businesses or commercial posts featuring business links. If you write for clients, please do not submit posts.
If you have a post that Remodelaholic would love, email your submission to email@example.com or fill out the form below.
Your email must include:
- In the subject line: Feature my (enter what the project is). This will help me know what project you’d like me to feature.
- Your first name (or the name you would like to be called).
- Your blog address.
- Your blog’s facebook page address, if available (so I can tag you). If you use other social media, please also include those so that I can tag you there as well.
- The HTML of your re-written post
- An attached file containing all of the images included in your re-written post
and your submitted post must include:
- one amazing image of the final product/project — the very best one to show off right at the beginning of the post.
- a short introduction to you and your blog. 1-2 paragraphs long. This can include up to 3 links to your blog’s favorite projects.
- a tutorial or walk-through process of the project — tell us what you did, what choices you made, etc. Write what feels good to you, and show us the process with as many photos as you can. It must be a full tutorial. Please include anything you’d like to enlighten us about the process.
- several final images, and a before image, if applicable. Please include a variety of angles and both portrait and landscape orientation, if possible. Images may contain a small, unobtrusive watermark if you would like.
- time and cost breakdown (this can be simple or more detailed — it’s up to you!)
- product sources, as available
Thank you for your support of Remodelaholic, and we look forward to seeing your submission!
Submission To Be Featured on Remodelaholic
About You and Your Project
- Your name*
- Your blog address*
- Your email address*
- Project you are submitting to be featured*
- Link to your original post of the projectIf you are rewriting a post to be featured on Remodelaholic, include the link to the original post on your blog here. (If you are submitting an original post that has not been previously published, leave this blank.)
- Why will Remodelaholic readers LOVE this project?*Give me a short explanation of what our readers will love about this project. For example: it's innovative, it follows a very small budget, it is a great tutorial, etc.
Your Project Post and FeatureIf you'd like to speed up the feature process, include the HTML and images for your post in this section. PLEASE make sure that your submission follows the guidelines as outlined above: the post must be re-written exclusively for Remodelaholic, include relevant details, and contain excellent photos of the finished product.
- Re-written Post HTMLAfter you've rewritten your post to be featured on Remodelaholic, copy and paste the HTML into a text file (using a program such as Notepad) and attach that text file here.Accepted file types: txt, zip, rtf, .
- Project ImagesAttach a zipped/compressed folder that contains ALL of the images included in your post.
To package images in a zipped/compressed folder (using Windows), select all images, right-click and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) Folder. Attach the newly created zipped folder here.Accepted file types: zip.
- I understand...*
By submitting a feature to Remodelaholic, I am granting Remodelaholic full permission to feature my entire post, using the images and text I provide, on Remodelaholic and any sister sites, at the discretion of Remodelaholic now and in the future. This includes but is not limited to editing, changing, and sharing via social media.
Featured images will be hosted on Remodelaholic’s server while copyright is retained by you, the original owner. Remodelaholic will not remove a post once it has been published and will never remove the link to your blog.
- By submitting a feature to Remodelaholic, I am granting Remodelaholic full permission to feature my entire post, using the images and text I provide, on Remodelaholic and any sister sites, at the discretion of Remodelaholic now and in the future. This includes but is not limited to editing, changing, and sharing via social media.