Take a whiff of a bottle of lavender essential oil and you’ll instantly feel just a bit calmer. The smell might remind you of a leisurely hot bath or freshly laundered linen. Lavender essential oil is one of the most versatile essential oils and one of its many uses is to calm and soothe the body and mind. Here are 12 ways you can use lavender oil to reduce your stress, help you sleep better, and much more!
1. Put lavender essential oil in a diffuser when it’s nearing bedtime. The calming scent will help everyone in your household feel less restless and more ready for sleep.
2. Rub lavender essential oil on the feet before going to bed to help promote better sleep.
3. When you feel stressed, try rubbing a few drops of lavender essential oil on the base of your neck. You could also put it on your palms or your wrists.
4. Take a relaxing bath with the help of lavender essential oil. Take a cup or 2 of Epsom salts and mix in a few drops of lavender oil. Put the mixture into a tub full of warm water and soak away your troubles.
5. No time for a bath? A shower can still be relaxing when you add a few drops of lavender essential oil to your shampoo.
6. Indulging in a facial scrub at the end of a long day is a great way to relax. Make a homemade facial scrub with rolled oats or sugar mixed with a few drops of lavender essential oil.
7. Put a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow and rub it all over for a good night’s sleep.
8. Need a few minutes of relaxation in the middle of a busy day? Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil on a rag and put it over your eyes.
9. Work can be stressful. Put lavender oil in a diffuser at your workplace to help you relax and feel more calm, so you can focus on your work better.
10. If you often feel nervous and anxious when flying in an airplane, try putting two drops of lavender essential oil on your wrists and inhaling the oil whenever the nervousness bubbles up.
11. Exercise is great for reducing stress, but sore muscles aren’t fun. Mix coconut oil and lavender essential oil and rub it on your sore muscles.
12. Feeling tired? Exhausted feet? Turn fatigue into relaxation by adding five drops of lavender oil to a hot foot bath.
I’m Elisa and I live in Austin, Texas with my husband and our two little girls. I used to teach reading and writing, but now I stay at home with my two kiddos and read and write in my spare time. I also love to undertake DIY projects, find new recipes on Pinterest, and dream about someday finally completing our home. Above all, I love to learn about new things and sharing my new-found knowledge with others.