I think everybody that has tried Nutella can testify to it’s yumminess. And I for one, LOVE the flavor! We see a lot of fun Nutella recipes floating around out there, and I am totally excited to share this one that I created: Caramel Nutella Chex Mix. (Bonus idea: This would also work perfectly with popcorn!)
Caramel Nutella Chex Mix
- 10- 12 cups of Chex Cereal (or air-popped popcorn)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pour Chex cereal (or plain air-popped popcorn) into a large bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium to large sized microwave safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Heat for 30 seconds on high to combine. Stir quickly just to combine, and heat again for 2 minutes.
- Add the Nutella into the mix and stir till completely combined. Then heat again for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes in microwave till all bubbly and doubled in size.
- Remove from microwave and add vanilla and baking soda.
- Slowly and evenly pour over Chex cereal in large bowl, and toss until all pieces are coated.
- Spread out evenly on a foil lined jelly roll.
- Bake 1 – 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes to break up large chunks.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.