Make Your Patio Perfect and a Giveaway
I am back at last…. sorry I haven’t bee around AT ALL lately. We have been working on the house NON STOP for the last 5 weeks. I tell you people, I am at my breaking point- but also happily we are getting to the move date, whether we are ready or not. But I think everything will work out. I feel like heaven is smiling down on us, since it has been going so smoothly!
But enough about the move. Since April Justin and I have been cleaning up our back patio, we love spring around here (wowsers I just realized it is officially summer! Time flies people! time flies… anyway) We purchased a little patio set and we already had a rug but that was about it. So imagine how excited I was when I was invited to spruce up my patio with Kirkland’s.
So I got to work.
Cleaning up the patio and figuring out what I wanted to do. BEFORE:
What we had: the rug, furniture and pillows.
How to make your Patio PERFECT! (for you!)
1. It is always important to me that the space flows from inside to out. Bringing an indoor color into your outdoor space will help to make it feel like an extension of your home. It will be like an additional room.
2. Buy items that can be used indoors and out. There are different seasons right? I don’t want all my cute décor items to be stuck outside. So, I will admit, I didn’t choose all outdoor items. Instead, I got a fun mix of things that I thought would be fun to use around my house too. When I have a party I can bring them outside. I don’t like buying items that have only one use… these stools ($19.99 on sale!), for example, make great end tables for now, and fun seating for later. ( I also used some bright red lanterns($9.99) as vases… but they can be used year round for different holidays like Christmas, and Valentines too, I am especially excited about these!)
3. Work with what you’ve got. Since our kids are young we have a lot of funny looking toys in our backyard, but I did notice there does happen to be a color theme. Primary colors, (see the car below…). Those are the basis for the colors I used. (except bringing the same blue, from inside my house, out). That way the space actually matches the toys!
4. Incorporate a bit of storage. We have bouncy balls and windmills and buckets to play with outside. They tend to sort of just be everywhere, so instead of letting things get out of control, I grabbed a cute striped bag ($9.99) to corral everything in!
5. Don’t be afraid to add a little whimsy. For example, I had to add a gnome (about $12.99) when I saw him (who else loves Gnomeo and Juliet?!). Don’t go overboard, but a little touch of sass makes the whole space more fun!
6. Think about the views you will have from inside your house. One of the things I have been loving all week since getting my patio all ready is the view from my kitchen sink. I am telling you the splash of color those art pieces (19.99 a piece) adds, to a once blank white wall, is making me happy everyday! My husband even mentioned how much he likes seeing them. So, be sure to consider what you will see from the indoors out!
I hope you like how the space turned out, I am really loving it! And that you have some new ideas for your space.
Please enter our Patio Perfect
$100 Gift Card Giveaway to Kirkland’s
Open to continental US only, please leave a separate comment for each entry,
you can do one or all it is up to you. Official Rules are here.
Giveaway is open for about a week… no official date (sorry I will be moving so It may take an extra day or two to wrap it up!)
(They have great prices so you can get a LOT of great things with $100 smackers. If you don’t have a store nearby, they have a great online selection too!)
1. Pin your favorite Remodelaholic post, image or tutorial.
2. Add Remodelaholic to your reader or subscribe via email.
3. Visit our Facebook pages Kirkland’s and Remodelaholic
4. Follow Remodelaholic on Pinterest
5. Follow Remodelaholic on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway.
6. Tell me what you want to get at Kirkland’s!! (go check out their page and copy the url of one of your favorite items, and paste it into the comment!)
7. Tell me what you love about your outdoor space!
The opinions in the post are 100% mine. A special thanks for Kirkland’s for providing the gift cards for this transformation, and giveaway.
And the winner is :
Congratulations BJ of Joy2Journey!
google reader subscriber
following you & Kirklands on fb (Ashley Hatten)
following you on pinterest my username is shuggysmommy
following u on twitter @shuggysmommy
I love this: https://www.kirklands.com/product/FURNITURE/Storage/Metal-Bloomington-Bakers-Rack/pc/2285/c/0/sc/2308/162417.uts
thanks for the chance!
My favorite pin from Remodelaholic: https://pinterest.com/pin/183310647302870620/
I follow via google reader.
Checked out both FB pages.
I follow you on Pinterest.
I need this! https://www.kirklands.com/product/Garden/Outdoor-Furniture/Cream-Metal-Garden-Bench/pc/2287/c/0/sc/2352/161778.uts
My out door space needs a lot of work, but it does have an awesome view of the mountains and lilac bushes.
I follow you on twitter and tweeted about the giveaway @inloveindc.
I’m a subscriber via Google reader.
I LIKE you both on Facebook. ID: Lynda C.
I follow you on Pinterest. ID: Lyndadawinda
I follow you on twitter. ID: Lyndadawinda
I am in love with Kirkland’s white metal antique lantern, bubble glass lantern and the cream wood plant stands – beautiful!
BTW – using the lantern as a vase in your space is so cool – thanks for the inspiration!
I was already following you on twitter and I just tweeted your post:: https://twitter.com/jenifercotter/status/218765916144533505 Thanks for such a great giveaway!
I subscribe via email – love your blog 🙂
Already followin both you and Kirklands on Facebook 🙂
Comments are closed.