This gorgeous roasted Brussels sprout salad is the perfect appetizer for your next dinner party, and it’s Paleo-friendly! It’s sure to impress your guests.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Caramelized Fennel, Marcona Almonds, and Fresh Red Grapes
- [b]For the salad:[/b]
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed, halved (or quartered, if large) outer leaves removed and reserved
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large bulbs of fennel, quartered and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup thinly sliced raddichio
- 1 cup of seedless red grapes, halved
- ½ cup Marcona Almonds, chopped and toasted[br][br]
- [b]For the dressing:[/b]
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 shallot peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Toss the Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil season with salt and paper and roast on baking sheet in oven for 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add sliced fennel, season with salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally until starting to soften.
- Add stock, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, covered until fennel is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to medium-high and cook stirring often until the liquid has evaporated and fennel is golden brown and caramelized.
- Add apple cider vinegar to pan and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of the pan. Set aside to cool.
- Put the champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and shallot into the bowl of a blender or small food processor and pulse until well blended. With the blender still on, gradually pour in the olive oil in through the lid opening, until well emulsified.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with the caramelized fennel, sliced radicchio, halved red grapes, and ½ of the chopped Marcona almonds in large mixing bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Separate the salad among plates and garnish with reserved fresh Brussels sprout leaves and additional almonds.
Special thanks to private chef Jesa Henneberry for sharing this beautiful recipe. Also try her Lemon Parsley Spaghetti Squash with Shaved Bottarga.