Looking for a beautiful new dish that is Paleo friendly? Try this lovely Lemon Parsley Spaghetti Squash with Shaved Bottarga. The
Lemon Parsley Spaghetti Squash with Shaved Bottarga
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 6 lbs), halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- zest of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oz of bottarga*
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Rub the cut sides of spaghetti squash with 1 Tablespoon of oil, season with salt and paper and roast cut side up on baking sheet for 40 minutes or until tender and starting to brown, slightly. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat along with garlic and red pepper flakes until just fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Once the spaghetti squash is cool, scrape the flesh from the rind with a fork into a mixing bowl and separate the strands gently to reveal their spaghetti like strands. Toss with the garlic-pepper olive oil along with the chopped parsley, nutritional yeast, lemon zest, and salt.
- Shave or grate the Bottarga over the spaghetti squash and sprinkle with additional lemon zest and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Special thanks to private chef Jesa Henneberry for sharing this recipe. Also try her Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad with Caramelized Fennel, Marcona Almonds, and Fresh Red Grapes.