With some Quorn in the freezer, this can be rustled up very quickly for a veggie supper, or for a group of hungry teens. This protein, which is vegetable-based, is a healthy alternative for your family!
Recipe Type: Entree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 85g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 250g frozen Quorn pieces
- 2 teaspoons mild chili seasoning
- Half a teaspoon turmeric
- 8 flour tortillas
- 6-8 tablespoons mayonnaise or soured cream
- Half an iceberg lettuce or 2 little gem lettuces, finely shredded
- Sliced avocado sprinkled with chili flakes, to serve
- LoSalt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and add the onion, mushrooms and peppers.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes then add the Quorn.
- Sprinkle with spices and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the Quorn is hot all the way through.
- Season to taste with LoSalt and pepper.
- Wrap the tortillas in kitchen foil and warm through in a hot oven at 400°F for about 5 minutes.
- Alternatively, dry fry in a frying pan for 1 minute on each side until lighlty charred and warmed through.
- Put everything in serving dish and let everyone help themselves to a tortilla, Quorn mix, shredded lettuce, mayo or sour cream, and sliced avocado. Great family fun!
Remodelaholic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please see our full disclosure here.