If you’ve started using essential oils, chances are you want to share your love with everyone around you! Sometimes it can be hard to get your guy on board – it may seem like a lot of work at first, or he may be skeptical of the benefits. If he’s convinced essential oils are just for ladies, here are 25 essential oil recipes just for him! Whip up a few of these and he’ll be just as excited about the mental and physical health benefits of essential oils as you are. Plus, you’ll save some cash by making these yourself!
1. Beard and Skin Care Oil – With a few tweaks, you can customize this oil to your skin and beard’s temperament for an easy and inexpensive way to look your best! For oily skin, use peppermint. For dry skin and beard use lavender. Combine with rosemary or cedarwood to promote thicker hair growth! Adding witch hazel can calm skin irritation. Condition your skin and beard without the greasy feel of lotion.
2. Beard Oil – If prickly whiskers are an issue you hate dealing with, stir up some beard oil. Massaging it into facial hair will keep it feeling soft and luxurious, plus it smells like a walk in the woods!
3. Beard Balm – Tame a wild or unruly beard with some conditioning balm. It’ll make facial hair softer and more manageable.
4. Burly Beard Conditioner – Using a combination of oils that promote healthy skin and hair will help with seasonal beard issues, like breakage and dryness. Mix the oils together with sandalwood, fir, cedarwood or patchouli for scent and a carrier oil and massage it all over the beard daily and your beard will grow faster and break less!
5. Pre-Shave Oil for Sensitive Skin – If shaving is an ordeal that leaves his face dry or painfully irritated, this pre-shave oil is a great idea! Sandalwood has both a manly scent and calming for irritated skin.
6. Aftershave Oil – This aftershave oil is a fabulous blend of spicy, exotic scent, moisturizing properties, and skin protectants that can calm and soothe after the daily shave.
7. Aftershave Lotion – Sandalwood, rosehip and chamomile essential oils combine to create the perfect fusion of spicy scent and skin-calming, anti-inflammatory action. Mix it together with soothing and moisturizing avocado and almond oils and non-greasy, softening shea and cocoa butters. Perfect for your guy’s skin to keep it soft and supple!
8. Rosemary Mint Shaving Cream – This cream combines rosemary and peppermint for a super refreshing, minty, smell that will tingle as it energizes and soothes the skin. It’s shaving cream with a twist!
9. Vintage-Style Shaving Kit – Create your own pre-shave and after-shave spray with relaxing oils like lavender and empowering oil blends like Valor. Combine these with a shaving brush, vintage razor and a stand and you’ve got an awesome shaving kit guys will love using!
10. Bald Balm – With a wonderfully warm, woodsy scent, this balm contains myrrh (among other essential oils) which can heal and protect skin. Mix up some balm for the hairless man in your life!
11. Hair Pomade – Here’s basic recipe for all natural hair pomade. It’s completely customizable according to scent preferences and hair needs. You can add essential oils that promote hair growth and scalp and hair health. You can add oils that help with oily skin and hair or that add moisture for dry scalp. Play with different scents – spicy and unique, citrusy and fresh, woodsy and earthy… it’s all up to you! This is way more cost effective than buying brand name pomade, that’s not nearly as healthy for your hair.
12. Grimy Hand Scrub – It’s soap, but amped up. This awesome hand scrub combines the healing powers of skin protectant essential oils and the exfoliating properties of sugar. Use Thieves or Melaleuca for extra antibacterial power and citrus for cleansing and purifying properties or mints for boosting energy. Mix it all up and your guy has a heavy duty scrub for even the toughest jobs!
13. Men’s Body Wash – Here’s an all natural homemade body wash guys will like using! The lemongrass has a distinct, yet subtle aroma and the apricot seed powder will scrub grime away while the wheat germ keeps skin moisturized without smelling “girly.”
14. Bath Salts for Men – These awesome bath salts can be made in a variety of scents and flavors, so even guys will love using them! Lemon has great cleansing and purifying properties, Pan Away is wonderful for soothing aches and pains, Stress Away and Peace and Calming can greatly reduce tension and anxious feelings.
15. Green Tea and Peppermint Bath Soak – Soaking in the tub is traditionally associated with women, but guys won’t be able to say no to this invigorating soak! Green Tea adds some powerful antibacterial and antioxidant qualities to the bath with a nice, earthy smell while the peppermint gives a nice tingling boost of energy.
16. Shower Bombs – These peppermint shower bombs are great when you need an extra pick-me-up in the morning. The peppermint is invigorating and can leave you feeling energized and refreshed. Plus, you don’t have to take the extra time soaking in the tub.
17. Deodorant – Spicy-scented and warm, earthy toned oils combine in this deodorant for men. Using oils like Patchouli, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Cedarwood, and Coriander make this deodorant particularly inviting for men – and can also help with skin health and enhanced mood.
18. Men’s Blend – Whip up this spray with exotic, woodsy tones and just a touch of citrus. It contains vetiver and eucalyptus with grapefruit – so can be energizing and calming at the same time. Use it as a spray cologne or linen spay.
19. Invigorating Cologne – With the aroma of balsam fir and cedar wood essential oils, the slightly spicy, woodsy smell to this roll-on cologne is just one bonus guys will love. It can also promote energy and mental focus.
20. Men’s Cologne 6 Ways – Here are some recipes for roller-ball cologne that lots of guys will love! There’s spicy, woodsy, earthy, musky and outdoorsy – so something for nearly everyone.
21. Men’s Fragrance – This guide to creating fragrances shows you how to combine scents as base, top and middle notes for a complete scent that will last all day. There are recipe suggestions for distinctive fragrances that range from spicy to woodsy to tangy and exotic.
22. Moisturizing Balm – With vetiver and melaleuca oils, this balm has a manly scent that will moisturize and protect the skin either before OR after shaving.
23. MANhand Salve – If you know a guy with cracked, dry, uncomfortable hands who doesn’t like lotion, this salve will be right up his alley. It’s a light salve that combines the healing properties of chamomile or peppermint with moisture rich oil like avocado and almond. His hands will thank you.
24. Shoe Powder – With cornstarch, baking soda and your choice of essential oils you can make a shoe powder to eliminate smelly shoes. Shake the shoes out before wearing them. Or sprinkle the powder right on your feet for a soothing and calming effect. (Bonus: it works great for stinky carpet!)
25. Foot-odor Spray – Of course it’s not just men that suffer from stinky feet, so this foot-odor spray can be used by the whole family! With rosemary, thyme, eucalyptus and melaleuca essential oils, you can knock that stinky smell out the door. Add Thieves and Melaleuca for purification and antibacterial qualities.
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest,Bloglovin’ and Instagram. Email her at: bugabooblog(at)yahoo.com
More essential oil ideas:
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Instagram.