If you have a garden, you most likely have, or soon will have, more zucchini than you know what to do with. Try this delicious zucchini bread recipe. You’ll be making it all summer!
Recipe Type: Breads
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, applesauce, honey, agave, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake in 3 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Alternately, bake in 6-7 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.
Yields 3 large loaves.