Chocolate lovers, rejoice! Here’s a deliciously healthy option for breakfast that feels truly indulgent! Try this chocolate brownie oatmeal for your chocolate fix in the morning.
Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats, cooked with 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 teaspoon raw, unsweetened cocoa powder*
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup non-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup Blueberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- Cook the oats with 1 ½ cups of water until the oats are fluffy and all water has disappeared (You can do this by cooking for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring and then cooking for 2 more minutes).
- Add cocoa powder and cinnamon to the cooked oats while they are still hot.
- Stir until everything is fully combined and your oats have a deep chocolatey color.
- Add walnuts and the milk (You can add as much milk as you’d like, but about ½ cup gives the oats a nice creamy consistency).
- Add Splenda and stir to combine until the oats have the consistency you like. If you’re using blueberries, add them in now.
Thank you to Pritikin for sharing this fun and healthy recipe!