We’ve all had bananas that were quickly over-ripening past the state of acceptable consumption. How about turning those into a healthy version of the old stand-by, banana bread? Try this recipe!
Healthy Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/2 c whipped honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c + 4 tsp wheat germ, divided
- 2 1/2 c almond flour/meal
- 1 bar (3.5 oz) Lindt 85% cocoa, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 c toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp Demerara cane sugar, divided
- Combine bananas, honey, eggs, vinegar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add wheat germ, almond meal, chopped cocoa, and pecan and combine well.
- Spray 4 small loaf pans with olive oil and add mixture to loaf pans.
- Sprinkle each loaf with 1 tsp wheat germ and 1/2 tsp cane sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.