Add a beautiful and healthy appetizer to your barbecue fare this summer with these delicious fruit kebabs!
- 1 lb. watermelon cut into one inch cubes
- 1 lb. honeydew melon cut into one inch cubes
- 1 lb. cantaloupe cut into one inch cubes
- 1 lb. pineapple cut into one inch cubes
- ½ cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of unsalted pistachio shelled nuts, chopped roughly.
- 6 wood skewers (6″ long, soaked in water for 2-3 hours before use)
- Preheat grill to 400⁰F.
- Pass through the wood skewers the cubed fruit in whichever order you want and place them onto the hot grill to create grill lines for about 20 seconds each side.
- Remove and place them on an oval platter, drizzle the kebabs with honey and sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top and around the grilled fruit kebabs.
Thanks to Maria Zoitas and Westside Market NYC for submitting this great recipe. Check out more of their great recipes below that provide a flavorful, Mediterranean twist to the classic American barbecue staples.