With a variety of gatherings to attend throughout the winter months, you may be on the lookout for a few tried and true recipes that you can throw together in a flash. This collection of both sweet and savory side dish recipes will leave you with plenty of options. Each of these side dishes is a crowd-pleaser with a short list of ingredients!
1. Sweet Potato Casserole – no marshmallows required, this sweet potato dish may become your new favorite.
2. Cranberry “Fluff” – the little bit of extra time spent grinding the cranberries for this salad is well worth it.
3. Spinach Strawberry Salad – keep the prep for this salad short and sweet by purchasing the dressing, or make your own if you’ve got a few minutes!
4. Berry Cheesecake Salad – possibly the easiest side you will ever prepare.
5. Butternut Squash, Apple, and Cranberry Bake – literally 3 ingredients and a bit of spice!
6. Greek Tortellini Salad – fresh and classy, this salad will draw the hungry curiosity of any group.
7. Garlic Sweet Potato Mash – sweet potatoes don’t have to be sweet. This savory version is simple and has the added benefit of being low in calories!
8. Homemade Mac and Cheese – kids love the stuff in the blue and yellow box, but adults will want to lick the pan clean with this homemade classic.
9. Green Beans and Bacon – even a tentative veggie lover can go for one paired with bacon, right?
10. Confetti Corn – you’ve never had a corn dish like this one from Barefoot Contessa! Use frozen corn to enjoy the quickest prep time without losing the flavor.
11. Broccoli and Grape Pasta Salad – a classic blend of ingredients makes for a take-anywhere-for-anything kind of salad.
12. Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries – always a favorite, throw in a handful of sunflower seeds or pecans for added crunch!
13. Goat Cheese and Cranberry Pecan Salad – you can’t really go wrong with dried cranberries in winter salads. The goat cheese gives every bite a pleasant twist!