Don’t settle for just burgers on the grill this weekend. Wow your guests with these tasty Grilled Okra and Tomato Skewers as a showstopping appetizer or side dish!
Grilled Okra and Tomato Skewers
- ½ pound okra pods, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Thread okra and cherry tomatoes alternatively on metal skewers.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and brush evenly on vegetables.
- Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray and grill uncovered over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.