Looking for a great summer dessert? Why not use the grill for dinner AND dessert with these beautiful Balsamic and Ginger Glazed Plums! Serve them with ice cream, and they’ll be a sure hit!
Balsamic and Ginger Glazed Plums
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch salt
- 6 firm, ripe plums
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Combine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, olive oil, orange juice and zest, and salt in a small pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until it reaches a syrupy consistency.
- Cut plums in half and remove the pits.
- In a large bowl, gently toss plum halves with balsamic syrup to coat.
- Place plums, cuts side down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with crystallized ginger and/or vanilla ice cream, if desired.