I am always looking for new ways to make pancakes. Having recently made some yummy Belgian waffles using sour cream, I thought I’d try a sour cream pancake. Paired with delicious fresh blueberries, these fun and different blueberry sour cream pancakes were born! Enjoy!
Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup (8-oz) light sour cream
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries ( I used a LOT)
- optional: 1 cup cinnamon chips
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, whisk together.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk, sour cream, yogurt, butter and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until blended.
- Fold in the blueberries and cinnamon chips if using.
- Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; flip when golden on bottom.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown (and the blueberries started to run on top of the pancakes a bit, if using fresh blueberries).
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.