While dinner with only one dish may seem a little boring, I have to admit, I like the ease of having veggies, grains, and meat all in one. So here’s my recipe for a simple bowtie chicken Caesar salad. I added a few extra veggies just to power it up, but it still only takes about 20 minutes and it is really good!
Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 12oz veggie Bowtie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bag Caesar salad mix (with dressing, croutons, and cheese)
- 1 medium cucumber cut in slices
- 1 medium green bell pepper (yellow or red would be pretty too)
- 2 roma tomatoes cut in wedges
- 1-2 12 oz cans chunk chicken breast (optional, you don’t have to add the meat!)
- Brianne’s Asiago Caesar dressing
- Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Start the water boiling for the pasta, and cook according to package directions.
- While the water is heating and the pasta is cooking, pour the bagged salad, and croutons into a large mixing bowl. Set aside while you chop the cucumber, bell peppers and tomatoes then add them to the salad bowl.
- Drain the canned chicken and break down the largest chunks, and add to the salad.
- Drain the pasta, I cooled mine down with some cooler water then re-drained it, after which I added it to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the grated cheese and Caesar dressing to taste.
- Toss all together and you are ready to eat dinner!
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.