While dinner with only one dish may seem a little boring, I have to admit, I like the ease of having veggies, grains, and meat all in one. So here’s my recipe for a simple bowtie chicken Caesar salad. I added a few extra veggies just to power it up, but it still only takes about 20 minutes and it is really good!
Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 12oz veggie Bowtie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bag Caesar salad mix (with dressing, croutons, and cheese)
- 1 medium cucumber cut in slices
- 1 medium green bell pepper (yellow or red would be pretty too)
- 2 roma tomatoes cut in wedges
- 1-2 12 oz cans chunk chicken breast (optional, you don’t have to add the meat!)
- Brianne’s Asiago Caesar dressing
- Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Start the water boiling for the pasta, and cook according to package directions.
- While the water is heating and the pasta is cooking, pour the bagged salad, and croutons into a large mixing bowl. Set aside while you chop the cucumber, bell peppers and tomatoes then add them to the salad bowl.
- Drain the canned chicken and break down the largest chunks, and add to the salad.
- Drain the pasta, I cooled mine down with some cooler water then re-drained it, after which I added it to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the grated cheese and Caesar dressing to taste.
- Toss all together and you are ready to eat dinner!