25 Fantastic Short Haircut Inspirations For 2015
Follow along with Hair It Is Week by clicking here or on social media with #HairItIs. Or share your own hair tips and ideas with #HairItIs on social media.
Are you looking to breathe fresh life into your locks, but still uncertain about taking the plunge with scissors? Sometimes, all you need is a little inspiration. There are tons of options for short cuts, from longer bobs to super short pixies, edgy faux hawks and sleek classic styles. There’s a short cut out there for everyone, all you need are some ideas! Here are 25 short haircut inspirations to get you started.
1. Smooth Inverted Bob – A simple, minimally textured bob that’s cut shorter in the back than in the front.
2. Smooth Classic Short Bob – This take on the classic bob is sleek and smooth, with no bangs hiding the face.
3. Short Curly Bob – A classic bob works well with curly hair, as well.
4. Long Retro Bob – Catherine Heigl channels her inner Marilyn Monroe with this super sassy bob. Curly hair make this amazing bob pop with a flirty, feminine vibe.
5. Layered Bob with Bangs – This bob cut is highly textured adding a lot of volume and bounce. It’s a classic, fun look.
6. Super Layered Bob – A fun take on the average bob, Dianna Agron got tons of chunky layers and texture that makes hers pop.
7. Long Curly Bob with Blunt Bangs – Taylor Swift gives blunt bangs a new lease on life with this cute bob.
8. Classic Wedge – Jenna Elfman sports a classic wedge cut with a ton of sophistication and class.
9. Tousled Wedge – This variation on the wedge has a lot of life and texture to it, which gives it a lived-in look that’s fun and effortless.
10. Short Funky Wedge – This wedge offers tons of volume while staying short and massively textured in the back.
11. Side-swept, Asymmetrical Curly Crop – Cut short on one side and the back, this style is blown dry toward the longer side for a side-swept bang, then curled with a medium or large curling iron.
12. Choppy Crop – This choppy style sports short hair all over, save for a few longer strands near the front sides. The different lengths add a ton of jazz to an otherwise average cut.
13. Messy Crop – This short crop is perfect for Keira Knightley’s fine features.
14. Long Layered Pixie – A longer pixie cut can be texturized for a shaggy look.
15. Long Side-swept Pixie – Short in the back, long in the front, this pixie is blown dry to the side for some funky side-swept bangs and a great piece-y, carefree look.
16. Chic Pixie with Bangs – Anne Hathaway rocks this smooth, classic pixie cut and adds some flare with sweeping bangs.
17. Asymmetrical Pixie with Side-swept Bangs – A cute pixie cut with one side slightly longer, this piece-y look still manages to be sleek.
18. Short Textured Pixie – It’s a really short cut, but long enough to texturize, giving it a tousled, carefree appearance. Ginnifer Goodwin has the right idea – this cut frames her face perfectly, balancing those apple cheeks and making her look thin and chic.
19. All-Over Spiky Pixie – If you like your hair a little edgy, this pixie cut is perfect. It’s short, but long enough to be styled in different ways – including this fun, super spiky variation.
20. Super Textured Pixie – This pixie is longer on top with lots of texture and tousle. Jennifer Lawrence rocks the fun, nonchalant look.
21. Curly Pixie – Here’s a cute pixie for all those curly girls. Curls add great texture and bounce to a short pixie cut.
22. Super Short Pixie – There’s no funky razor cut here, but this super short look is still pretty bold. The petite Emma Watson pulls this sleek and smooth pixie off with ease.
23. Girly Faux Hawk – Some girly faux hawks are cut nearly shaved on the sides (more like a true mohawk), but here is Pink’s version – a more feminine styling with lots of texture. The right kind of pixie cut could be worn this way or more traditionally.
24. Razor Cut – A super short pixie gets tons of personality with a razor cut, that adds spikiness and texture.
25. Long On Top Razor – This super short razor cut has longer hair on top, making it perfect for lots of different variations – tousled and messy, faux hawk, sleek and smooth, you name it.
Which short look is your favorite?
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest,Bloglovin’ and Instagram. Email her at: bugabooblog(at)yahoo.com
More Hair Ideas: