The Best Orange Chicken Recipe
Hello Remodelaholic fans! I’m Jen from Bakerette.com and I’m excited to be back with you to share another fantastic recipe that you for sure will enjoy! Have you ever eaten at Panda Express?
I guarantee if you have, you’ve eaten their Orange Chicken. In fact, stand in line and watch what everyone orders. I swear 90% of the patrons get orange chicken. It’s so sweet and flavorful. Unlike Panda Express, this orange chicken isn’t fried, so it’s much easier on your waist line but the flavor of the orange sauce rivals Panda’s. In fact, the deliciously sweet, tangy, and flavorful sauce is so divine, it makes it thee best orange chicken you will ever taste (at least in our family). Serve it with Better Than Take-Out Fried Rice or top it over Jasmine rice for an incredible meal.
Orange Chicken Recipe
- [b]For Chicken[/b]
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- [b]Orange Sauce[/b]
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 orange, zested
- [b]Ginger Sauce[/b]
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Warm up 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a large skillet and cook cubed chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown. Transfer to paper-towel lined plate to drain. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, water, sugar, white vinegar and orange zest. Stir until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Wipe down skillet and warm 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium heat. Saute garlic and ginger root until fragrant (about 10 seconds). Stir in chili pepper, green onion, rice wine, and orange sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Combine water and cornstarch and add to the sauce to thicken.
- Fold in chicken and coat well. If desired, serve over jasmine rice.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these other recipes at Bakerette.com:
Maybe it’s just my iPad, but your bold tags should be and not [b] and [/b]. The recipe looks great regardless!
Hi Jen… I’ve been on this Asian cooking kick for the past few weeks. Friday I made a teriyaki sauce that we were almost licking out of the pot. Last night I made this yummy orange chicken – minus the green onions and plus some red pepper flakes. For the record, it was fan-freaking-tastic!
I was a little nervous because I actually kinda like the fried chicken pieces in the Panda Express orange chicken. But my daughter has some inherent healthy eating gene, so she’s not really into breading on her chicken.
This was an awesome balance of sweet and spicy. I’m sitting here wishing I had some leftovers!
Anyway, you’ve got a new fan.
OMGosh this is soooo Amazing!!!! It truly IS the BEST Orange Chicken EVER!!!! I’ve wanted to try an orange chicken recipe for the longest, but all the recipes I found were overly complicated. The best thing about this is that it’s Not fried! I actually quadrupled the sauce since I made it to serve 8 people, and I wanted extra sauce. It turned out superb. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. Oh and make sure you get the Rice Wine (not rice wine vinegar) as it adds such a wonderful flavor to the recipe. I will definitely be making this again. Thank You so much for an awesome recipe.
Tink, we are glad that you like it. That is awesome!