Looking for a great grilling recipe? How about the Churrasco de Flank Steak from Texas de Brazil! If you’ve got yourself an open flame grill, you’ve got a delicious Brazilian style dish coming your way!
Churrasco de Flank Steak
- 1 large piece of flank steak without removing the fat
- 4 lb Brazilian Sal Grosso (rock salt)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- 2 soup spoons of fresh chopped garlic
- 1 soup spoon of dry oregano
- 1 soup spoon of red crushed pepper
- Salt to taste
- Prepare an open flame grill, charcoal or wood; a medium to high temperature is required and the flames must get very close to the meat.
- Apply a generous amount of salt to the flank steak without rubbing it, the salt must be loose or the meat will be too salty.
- Take the meat to the grill and cook for about 5 minutes each side for medium rare, turning only once.
- Once ready, grab the flank steak with a large tongs and hit the meat with the side of a large knife to eliminate the extra salt.
- Let the meat rest for a couple of minutes before slicing it .
- Using a large chef knife, chop the parsley and cilantro, move to a bowl and add all other ingredients.
- This can be used as a marinade for beef and chicken or as a sauce for the meat after grilled.
- The chimichurri sauce can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks.
Special thanks to Texas de Brazil New York City for sharing this signature dish!