I made a pretty good dinner last night adapted from this recipe and thought I should share it since it is time for left over ham… and like a good mother I added a veggie (do peas count as a veggie?).
Quick Cordon Bleu
Serves 4- 6 (6 servings = about 7 Points Plus Value each)
4 chicken breasts
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper (divided)
1/3 cup Shredded Swiss (I used Monterrey)
2 oz. crumbled Feta
2 oz. cream cheese
1 cup chopped ham
1 1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. Parsley
2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place each chicken breast in a sealed freezer bag one at a time and pound to an even thickness of about 1/2-1/3 inch thick. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Spray a skillet lightly with cooking spray. Brown the chicken, about 2 minutes per side. Line the chicken on the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the 3 cheeses together in a bowl and set aside. (I don’t like Swiss cheese.. sorry to my Swiss ancestors! but it was great with Monterrey) In another bowl combine breadcrumbs, parsley and 2 tsp. olive oil and mix till you have a nice wet-sand textured mixture.
- When chicken is in the casserole dish spread the cheese mixture over the chicken
- Pour the peas over the whole casserole dish
- Spread the ham chunks evenly over the casserole dish
- Sprinkle the whole casserole with the bread crumbs.
Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes or until your chicken is done, no longer pink and registers 165 degrees on a instant read thermometer.
We served it with grilled brussel sprouts. And it was a hit!
Etta may not look super happy in the picture but she did enjoy the meal. It may just be me, but she looks a lot older than 2. I guess she is closer to 3 than 2 but still, I feel like I can see what she will look like at 6 in this picture. Oh, it goes SO fast!
We have a button for the party below, I don’t have the code right now, so if you will just please hyper link the image to Remodelaholic that would be great! Please add it to your blog or the post somewhere so other people can find out about the party and join in. I would be very thankful!