This fall, when you’re craving something with a pumpkin kick, these pumpkin fritters are easy to prepare and delicious served with sour cream or yogurt and honey.
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 14 ounces coarsely grated fresh pumpkin
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon LoSalt
- 14 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Oil or vegetable shortening for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oil or shortening to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat buttermilk with eggs and LoSalt until well-blended.
- Gradually add the flour that has been mixed with the baking powder.
- When the batter is smooth, add the pumpkin and combine thoroughly.
- When the oil or shortening has reached the proper temperature, drop portions of batter in and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Be careful not to burn the fritters and keep small children away from the hot fat.
- Drain on paper toweling, dust with confectioners’ sugar, and serve immediately with sour cream or yogurt and honey.
Remodelaholic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please see our full disclosure here.