These beautiful fall-themed cookies are delicious and so festive for this time of year! Try these pumpkin spice whoopie pies with two different yummy frosting options. You’ll love them!
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
with Nutella or Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 spice cake mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin and butter until smooth.
- Add cake mix, eggs, and milk. Mix on low until combined and then mix on high for 2-3 minutes until cake mix is incorporated.
- Drop mounds of batter by tablespoons onto parchment paper, approx. 3 inches apart (they will triple in size during baking).
- Bake 15 minutes until set and lightly browned.
- Cool on rack before frosting.
- 1 (8oz) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon [b]OR[/b] 2/3 C Nutella
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 C powdered sugar
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add cinnamon or Nutella. Mix well.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing with each addition.
- Layer filling between the bottoms of two cookies. Enjoy!