I don’t know about you, but I LOVE sweet potatoes. They are a year-round staple in our home, AND they are one of the healthiest vegetables. So even though this sweet potato casserole dish is loaded with delicious UNhealthiness, feel good that you’re at least eating sweet potatoes!
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 c cooked mashed sweet potatoes (peel and boil, or bake and peel your choice!)
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 c butter (I have used 1/4 c before without a problem)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 1/3 flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a large bowl. (You can use an electric mixer to make them really smooth.)
- Spoon into into a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- To prepare topping, combine brown sugar, melted butter, flour, and pecans in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F fro 30-45 minutes, until top is crisp.